Animating a lifting axle animation with MADCAR

fantomas81

Animating a lifting axle animation with MADCAR

Post by fantomas81 »

I have a suspension system that I would like to lift then lower back down at my leisure after a driving animation has been created. Does Madcar have the capability of doing such a task? As of now the axle system is rigged to Madcar and simulates over the terrain perfectly, I just need the ability to lift it, the wheel lets me move it before I simulate because that drives everything and thats exactly what I need, but once I click on Drive it does not allow me to translate the the Wheel controller up or down and .keyframe it. Hopefully I made that clear enough...image is below

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pglyw4dmgb5jq ... ension.jpg

Thanks
fantomas81

Re: Animating a lifting axle animation with MADCAR

Post by fantomas81 »

As of now I have the suspension system parented to a piece of geometry that has Look At Constraints on geometry at each end, those 2 pieces of geometry are then linked to another piece of geometry that is position constrained to the Wheel controller. Both sides have those so I can now elevate the suspension and keyframe it going up and down at my leisure. My only problem is making the tires do that since the controllers wont allow them to move and if I move the tire geometry it will just spin off its pivot point since those are aligned with the wheel controller. I was thinking of having the tire duplicated and just linking the duplicate tire to the rig tire and then at render time just switch visiblity to the lift tire then back to the drive tire. Seems like there should be a better way of achieving this, any thoughts? I know this is not a usual need for the MadCar Rig, but it would be great to be able to have something like this.