Vray Clipping and other notes

Frika

Vray Clipping and other notes

Post by Frika »

Hello,
I purchased the multiscatter right now and I after testing and playing around with it I have the following comments.
- I think the vray clipping could be better. In the moment it only work with one multiscatter object in the scene. Not with more. Why?
- If I hide an object which is used by a multiscatter object (i.e. a vray tree mesh) it won´t render. Why?
- Sometimes the preview mode of an multiscatter object is changing to "never". This cost me a lot of time to evaluate this. Why?
- The multipainter is very buggy here. If I click on the add button and add an scatter object, after this I clicked again on the add button to disable the add mode (like in multiscatter object) 3dmax is crash complete. Why?

Overall I think its a very nice piece of software. Thank you.

I´m using max 2016 and multiscatter version 1.085

Thank you and Best Regards
anvar

Re: Vray Clipping and other notes

Post by anvar »

1. yes, it needs to be improved, and its on the list
2. we had some discussion about it here https://forum.icube3d.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1367
3. cannot reproduce this issue yet, and no other reports, but we will keep an eye on it, if you can send us example scene would be great
4. we reproduced this issue, and will work on it, looks like it only happens in create mode, but works in modify mode

thank you
Frika

Re: Vray Clipping and other notes

Post by Frika »

Hi,
it´s nice to hear that you will still improving MultiScatter.
Just curious, is there a timeline for updating the software?
Best Regards, Frika