multiscatter +mr_Proxies + DBR is crashing

hotchip

multiscatter +mr_Proxies + DBR is crashing

Post by hotchip »

Hi Guys,

i have a little Problem. I am render a mental ray scene with Proxies and use Multiscatter. If i render on a single computer, is all OK! If i use Distributed Bucket Rendering, is mental ray rendering the scene to 100%, but don´t save the image, 3dsmax is crashing! If a have no Proxies in my Scene, works DBR correct. I think the Multiscatter Shader make a Bug. It is the automaticly "Placeholder" Option in Multiscatter Shader. This is a Big problem to use Multiscatter for me, or what do i wrong?

mfg
hot chip
anvar

Re: multiscatter +mr_Proxies + DBR is crashing

Post by anvar »

which version of MultiScatter do you have?

check path to Proxies, that its accessible by rendernodes over network
and also that you have enough network resources to provide access to proxies for all rendernodes

also try to render locally on rendernode to check that you have all MultiScatter files installed
https://docs.icube3d.com/en:multiscatte ... _rendering
hotchip

Post by hotchip »

Hi anvar,

today i use 1.2.03, but i have this problem with all other Version bevor. It is not a problem of scatter a Teapot and use DBR. This Error is only, if i have a mental ray Proxie in my Scene and use DBR and Multiscatter (for example a teapot ( this is not a proxie) on a plane). I see in my render message window, that multiscatter convert all proxies to a placeholder object. On a single computer works all correct, but in DBR mode give it a probem. The Render start and works correct to 100% finish, but mental ray don´t clean up and 3dsmax is crashing, no saving images or render passes.
anvar

Post by anvar »

please send us the file to troubleshot
hotchip

Post by hotchip »

Hi anvar,

thank you for the answer. The small Demoscene that yesterday not work, works today. :oops: A Big Scene is crashed. I will try a other small scene, that to the same error, and than can i upload a demoscene.

mfg
hot chip