Multiscatter 1.2.0.12 performance

rawalanche

Multiscatter 1.2.0.12 performance

Post by rawalanche »

Hi,

i am currently using Multiscatter 1.2.0.12 and i am having a lots of problems with performance. Multiscatter performance has been worsening a lot past few releases:

- If i initiate picking sessions in scene where Vray proxies are present, multiscatter is freezing Max for a short delay. However, the more VrayProxies are present in the scene, the longer that delay is. So now, when i have about 30 VrayProxies in my scene, everytime i initiate picking mode, to add new objects to scatter list, multiscatter freezes max for about 10 seconds, and every click re-initiates the freeze.

- When i have auto update on, adjusting any curve that is being used by Multiscatter as a border spline is extremely slow... less than one frames per second. This happens even when display preview is set only to "When editing"or "When selected"

- When i have auto update on, selecting objects that multiscatter is scattered on creates a significant delay in selection process and loading of that object's properties in command panel.

The perfromance of 1.2.0.12 is so bad, that i am forced to have auto update on all my Multiscatter objects off, and manually update them every time i do some changes. And it is not just one particular scene... it happens in all my scenes... there is not complex data displayed, all my scatter objects have preview type set to box, and Max count to 100. I am also scattering low poly vray proxies or small meshes on mid-poly objects, so no heavy stuff going on there either. Also, having auto update on on any of my Multiscatter objects brings playback performance to crawl - about 1 frame every 3 seconds.

This is also the reason i never used Multipainter... it was always so incredibly slow it was beyond point of usable.

I remember using some old 1.1.x.x release long time ago and never having any kind of these problems... :(
anvar

Re: Multiscatter 1.2.0.12 performance

Post by anvar »

please send us some sample scene files to support@icube3d.com