Mscatter and Vscatter distribution with FallOff mask

dsolod

Mscatter and Vscatter distribution with FallOff mask

Post by dsolod »

Hello,
Here is the scene and rendered picture.
Why with the instance Fallof (Distance Blend mode) mask for Distribution and scale, Multiscatter (green) does not show the proper result comparing to VRayscatter (red). Looks like Multiscatter totally ignores the settings although at the "www.multiscatter.com/manual/#Object_Mask" there is an proper example of the distance blend mode mask and multiscatter.

I am using Vray sp5 and Multiscatter 1.0.11

Please tell me if I am missing something or this is a bug.
I can send my scene if you need.

Thank you!
dsolod

Re: Mscatter and Vscatter distribution with FallOff mask

Post by dsolod »

sorry,
here is the link for the picture
https://www.zshare.net/image/768470447672dfb4/
and here is the link for the scene
https://www.zshare.net/download/7684702725c1779b/
Karba

Post by Karba »

Actually multiscatter doesn't know about current camera because of render independence.
For multiscatter you should use falloff direction - object and select camera as object.
Or you can use built-in setting of multiscatter for camera.
dsolod

Post by dsolod »

Thank you for answer, karba.
Yes, FallOff direction objects helps but it does not solve the problem if we have to switch between 20 cameras in one scene. What to do in this situation? Could you explain please the difference between VRayScatter abd Multiscatter in relation to "Render Independence"? I assume that Multiscatter is based on the same algorithm as VRayScatter and I can not understand why the VRayScatter knows about current camera and Multiscatter does not.
Is it possible to fix that problem in the next revision or we need to switch back to VRayscatter because we do have a lot of animated cameras in one scene.
Regards,
Dsolod