Unstabile working with Max 2011

admin
Site Admin

Re: Unstabile working with Max 2011

Post by admin »

Please, attach your scene or part of your scene.
Karba

Post by Karba »

This is my mistake, sorry.
Please try this version.
Attachments
MultiScatter_1_1_04c.rar
(2.53 MiB) Downloaded 455 times
cesarr

Post by cesarr »

Now the textures work, thanks.
sorry about my english
olly

Post by olly »

replying to bookmark
glorybound

Post by glorybound »

I can't work in a multiscatter scene without crashes all the time. When I remove the multiscatter then the scene is stable. HELP!
stevesideas

Post by stevesideas »

Im having the same problems with multiscatter plus another issue.

With a particular scene I am rendering, max 2011 crashes all the time. I can render a preview out, look at the net, come back to max and it crashes. I can render something out, go to the file menu and max will then crash.

The other issue is that whenever multiscatter is on, I start to render and there is a major pause once vray has completed the presspass and starts the render. The buckets just sit there. Once they have started though they move a lot more quickly. This also happens with my DR machines. They kick in and just sit there on the first buclets...again, once they are moving, they move a lot quicker. If I turn off multiscatter this does not happen.

My system specs are:

Vray2.002
Latest multiscatter
Windows 7 64 bit
24gb ram
max2011 latest SP and hotfixes
Lehm

Post by Lehm »

stevesideas wrote:Im having the same problems with multiscatter plus another issue.

With a particular scene I am rendering, max 2011 crashes all the time. I can render a preview out, look at the net, come back to max and it crashes. I can render something out, go to the file menu and max will then crash.
Are you xrefing by any chance? I get the exact same thing (crashing right after render)...but only if the MS is loaded in a scene xref.

The other issue is that whenever multiscatter is on, I start to render and there is a major pause once vray has completed the presspass and starts the render. The buckets just sit there. Once they have started though they move a lot more quickly. This also happens with my DR machines. They kick in and just sit there on the first buclets...again, once they are moving, they move a lot quicker. If I turn off multiscatter this does not happen.
This isn't a MS issue. You'll get the same thing if you hand place a whole lot of proxies. This is caused by Vray itself. What are you memory settings in the system tab?
anvar

Post by anvar »

stevesideas wrote:Im having the same problems with multiscatter plus another issue.

My system specs are:

Vray2.002
Latest multiscatter
Windows 7 64 bit
24gb ram
max2011 latest SP and hotfixes
which version of MultiScatter are you using? we just released 1.1.05b, have you tried it?
please send us the file you are having problems with
thanks
Anvar
glorybound

Post by glorybound »

It still pains me to have to use this plug-in... it seems to be very unstable with my 3ds MAX Design 2011 x64 scenes and crashes often, especially when I use the pull down menu. I have installed all the updates, but even the test scenes crash when I simply go to a menu item.
Karba

Post by Karba »

Do you use xref?