Skin bug when VrayPattern is present

kresten

Skin bug when VrayPattern is present

Post by kresten »

Check this sample file:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/111291/Vraypatternbug.max

When using a pattern file as source, skinning deformation doesn't update properly until you step frame. There are no dependencies between the Vraypattern and skinned nodes, so my guess is that the node ID's are somehow altered using a file as source. The problem disappears when switching source to scene.

The problem is not only a viewport issue. It's also present in networkrendering at the first frame rendered from each client.

I'm using 3dsmax 2011SP2 + Vray 1.5
kresten

Re: Skin bug when VrayPattern is present

Post by kresten »

Hi,

Any news on this? I'm about to complete a bunch of characters using Vraypattern an would like to use the filesource feature since they use the same pattern. The animators are starting in a couple of days, is there any chance you will fix this? Because then I will let them begin work at the characters that are not using VrayPattern...
anvar

Post by anvar »

unfortunately there are limitation in 3ds max SDK regarding usage of external sources
the workaround is to bring the files inside the scene
kresten

Post by kresten »

Ok, I see - I hope you get to fix it in the future since it is a cool feature. It seems to cause other related problems as well like link-constraints loosing their targets. For character work it makes it hard to use file as source with theese limitations, but please see if you can find a workaround, since it would be a great memory saver for multiple character scenes.