VRayPattern as material?

GeorgeR

VRayPattern as material?

Post by GeorgeR »

If it's possible, it would be great if VrayPattern were made a material wrapper, where you choose a base material for the surface it's been applied to, and then the rest of the rollout is the regular VRayPattern settings.

It would look like VrayMaterialWrapper. Right now i'm trying to make apartment towers, but I can't instance the tower because VRayPattern is only applied to a single object. If it was a material, it would apply to anything that the material is applied to.
wix

Re: VRayPattern as material?

Post by wix »

I had a chance to test VrayPattern and I think it has enormous potential, but turning it into a material is an absolute must and would make it a breakthrough in 3d modeling. Right now you have to make a new VrayPattern modifier for every single object -a very clumsy way of telling an object to use VrayPattern. Just imagine you can apply it to any number of objects by means of a material.
Now that you have developed this amazing technology, it might be only a small step to realize this. VrayPattern already acts as a material, please find a way to administer it as a material too!
GeorgeR

Post by GeorgeR »

Precisely. Whether or not it's a material behind the curtains is irrelevant to the fact that it's used as a material. I'm afraid I don't use it all that much because of the limitation of having to use it on a per-object basis. It's just not very manageable.
Mnietek

Post by Mnietek »

Question to developers - why you dont answer questions about additional features?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We think that is a good idea. Now we try to find way how to implement it.