Nesting?

GeorgeR

Nesting?

Post by GeorgeR »

Are there plans to make it so one VRayPattern object can reference another, so that the a building textured with VRayPattern's can itself be used as a VRayPattern?
Mnietek

Re: Nesting?

Post by Mnietek »

Is there any way to multiplication VrayPattern object?
For example, if I create the VrayPattern coniferous tree - how can I create a coniferous forest?
____
sorry for my English
Djavadi

Post by Djavadi »

Hi,

I made actually 3 videos on how I work with VrayPattern.
The first videos' them, is about VrayPattern Populating ( 50 minutes video )
This video should bring you all you need to know, to get your scene "populated" using VrayPattern,
avoiding a repetitive look...

Second video, is about how to use a pattern to make a large facade ( 4 minutes video ),
and the third one, is about how to use VrayPattern to produce displaced surfaces. ( 23 minutes video )

https://www.vray-studio.com/2011/01/vray ... -by-icube/

Regards,
Djavadi
Mnietek

Post by Mnietek »

Thanks - but I asked about multiplication of VrayPattern objects. Not Vray proxy objects.
For example - here is Christmas tree made with VrayPattern:
https://icube3d.com/media/catalog/produ ... /0/905.jpg
(Needles were made with VrayPattern)
I wonder whether it is possible multiplication these trees

Post by Djavadi »

Well, no... what you're asking is not possible... but honestly, I do not get the point!

I personally pushed VrayPattern, to get almost same results compared to MultiScatter...
but the bottom line, is that I get more flexibility and fast, by using MultiScatter,
with less memory used also... So now I know that I can do it with VrayPattern, but
also know that VrayPattern isn't the right tool for doing that.

My suggestion would be to focus on what is new in this tool.

Regards
GeorgeR

Post by GeorgeR »

I don't think the point is to use VRayPattern for the scattering, but to use the pine-tree example as the source mesh for MultiScatter.
Djavadi

Post by Djavadi »

"no... what you're asking is not possible", was your answer to say no your pin tree could not be distributed by any scattering script...
By adding those scattering tests, I wanted to make a point... telling you that even if it's possible to do scattering with VrayPattern, this plugin is not the best choice
for that
,... and it's important to make yourself a right opinion about this tool.

As I never imagined before, distributing a VrayScatter by an other VrayScatter, today, I'm far to imagine distributing a VrayPattern with vray or MultiScatter...

Also, note that even a "Vrayscattertexture" applied to a propagated object is enough to bug the VrayPattern process...

Regards