Few feature requests - would be great to have those

morbidangel

Few feature requests - would be great to have those

Post by morbidangel »

Hi,

Working with vray scatter a lot, its fantastic, but I have a few feature requests that would make life easier:

- Enable option, to quickly and easily turn on/off specific scatter objects. Lets say I have 10 vray scatter objects and I just made a new one, I'd like to turn off the other ones while I set it up for speed purposes.
- Presets. An ability to save a certain scatter options as a preset to be applied to another scatter. ( I know it may be difficult with different proxies in different scatters, but something like that would be great).
- Ability to manage multiple proxies in one vray scatter node at once. For example if I have 10 proxies and I wish to setup their radius and penetration the same for each, I have to manually set it for each proxy.
- Scale per proxy. Would be great to be able to custom scale each proxy ontop of the global scale controls, with a custom texture map.
- Rotation per proxy. Same as scale request.
- Distribution map per proxy. Would be really cool to place custom distribution maps into each proxy, for placing area specific objects onto one mesh.
- Tint color modes, its not very clear what the simple and exp color mode do. I would suggest to have modes like multiply, add etc.
- Expose vray scatter attributes to channel box, to control multiple scatters at once.
- Ability to bake the vray scatter objects into actual instanced proxies or instanced geometry or geometry after placing it in the scene would also be great.
- Vray scatter texture to have a input texture color rather then grey. Now if I plug in a green leaf into it and plug that into a shader, and do not use tint color, all leafs with that texture render grey.

Thanks for amazing product!