difficulty with probability parameter

morbidangel

difficulty with probability parameter

Post by morbidangel »

Hi,

I have hard time understanding how this works on multiple objects inside one vray scatter.

For example if I have 2 objects each have probability of 1, I think I should see them 50/50? However this isn't the case, it seems that the first object in the list has a dominant effect on the rest of the objects and they cascade with the probability in order they are connected to the container.

So with 10 objects in one container I have to set the first in the list to be 0.05, then second 0.1, then third 0.2 and so on to get more or less even % of all the objects to display in the container.

What I can't understand is if I have a sphere and a cube in the vray scatter, and the sphere is first in the list, I set the probability to 0.5 for the sphere and 1 for the cube and with maximum number of 10 objects in rendering I get 7 spheres and 3 cubes, should I not see more cubes since they have higher probability then the sphere?

Any helps is greatly appreciated.
bdancer

Re: difficulty with probability parameter

Post by bdancer »

This is already rewritten, will be available in next release along with animation feature I'm currently working on.