Can we tie a license to a USB stick?

toast

Can we tie a license to a USB stick?

Post by toast »

Hi,

Self explanatory, if possible is it possible to tie the VRayScatter / VRayPattern licence to a USB/portable hdd?
anvar

Re: Can we tie a license to a USB stick?

Post by anvar »

unfortunately this is not possible, as the activation system linked to other hardware too, not only HD

for floating option we have a license server instead
email us for more details
Dariusz

Post by Dariusz »

How much more is the floating option? Can I upgrade my node locked to floating? I really could use USB tied license or Vray dongle tie somehow. I will be changing my workstations soon and as I dont want to send 12 th email request for new License key to your support system...
anvar

Post by anvar »

Dariusz wrote:How much more is the floating option? Can I upgrade my node locked to floating? I really could use USB tied license or Vray dongle tie somehow. I will be changing my workstations soon and as I dont want to send 12 th email request for new License key to your support system...
its free , yes you can move node locked to floating
email us for more details
Dariusz

Post by Dariusz »

Hey
Just though I suggest something as an USB alternative... you can get one of those >
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gigabyte-BACE- ... abyte+Brix
They eat like 10-20W of power while idling(all they gonna be doing) and u can get win 10 on it and tie all licenses you need to it. Quite great mini server pc :- )