SplineLand for betatesters

duke

Re: SplineLand for betatesters

Post by duke »

admin wrote:
duke wrote:I'd much prefer to have the mesh conform exactly to Platform edges so that I can do a vol. select on that matID and delete it (and use my road mesh).
You can make spline along edges (it can be done automatically in editpoly) of this platform and surface will be conformed.
Yeah but currently SplineLand won't give the inside of a closed spline a different matID, so you'd then have to manually selected it (or with a vol select).
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We are thinking about cut splines for dividing surface and border it.
duke

Post by duke »

Pivot point issues:

Create your landobject, then move it, and re-generate. The surface is still offset!
duke

Post by duke »

1. Base existing contours and added river (manually trimmed the existing contours around the river.
2. Base road mesh shape from CityEngine, as padding object.
3. LandObject result, 12 iterations.
4. LandObject with road mesh from CityEngine. Note that its 10cm higher so it doesnt clip the ground (the purple matID). Hopefully I don't have to do this if further changes to the plugin are made!

What I like best is how quickly I can make changes and update the terrain - it's great!

2 requests (1 already stated):
- Cutout option for platforms
- Smoothness for platforms (so they blend better with the terrain, if you're using a distance field to blend which I think you are, apply a blur and gaussian curve to it).
Attachments
SplineLand3.jpg
SplineLand3.jpg (352.18 KiB) Viewed 72326 times
Karba

Post by Karba »

duke wrote:1. Base existing contours and added river (manually trimmed the existing contours around the river.
2. Base road mesh shape from CityEngine, as padding object.
3. LandObject result, 12 iterations.
4. LandObject with road mesh from CityEngine. Note that its 10cm higher so it doesnt clip the ground (the purple matID). Hopefully I don't have to do this if further changes to the plugin are made!

What I like best is how quickly I can make changes and update the terrain - it's great!

2 requests (1 already stated):
- Cutout option for platforms
- Smoothness for platforms (so they blend better with the terrain, if you're using a distance field to blend which I think you are, apply a blur and gaussian curve to it).
Thank you for test!

At this moment I work on cutting be custom shape(spline) It can be used for cutting by platforms.
duke

Post by duke »

Any updates?
markwhelan

Post by markwhelan »

Looking forward to the release of this plugin. In desperate need of it.
jetcrow

Post by jetcrow »

Hello! How can i get activation splineland beta? Our company have a task to create a huge area of complex landscape 3d model in 3dsmax. As we hope splineland exact tool we need. Can you propose a rules to become betatesters?

tnx, Denis.