VRayScatter 2.5.5 release

replaced by MultiScatter
admin
Site Admin

VRayScatter 2.5.5 release

Post by admin »

New version VRayScatter 2.5.5. Now there is a unique possibility to create even more complicated and realistic scenes, doing this process easy as never before. Intuitively simple interface, rich possibilities and excellent result. Unbelievable flexibility of control. A new generation algorithm was developed and also a new features are available now:

1. Collision object
2. Regular structures with easy control by UVW mapping
3. Along the spline distribution
4. Scattering inside/outside splines
5. Contrast option in VrayScatter texture
6. Camera clipping
7. Offset scattering from splines and geometry edges
8. Custom behavior at the splines and geometry edges
9. Support 3dsmax 2010
10. Asset Tracking connection
11. Most of VrayScatter settings animatable
12. New demo version

Price of VRayScatter 2.5.5 is € 200. Unlimited rendernode version is for free.
New version for all users of previous version is for free.
Works with license from any versions from 2.0 and above.
Attachments
VRayScatterSetup_2_5_5_Demo.rar
(1.35 MiB) Downloaded 2198 times
VRayScatterSetup_2_5_5.rar
(2.74 MiB) Downloaded 2352 times
glorybound

Re: VRayScatter 2.5.5 release

Post by glorybound »

Great! I'll try this tomorrow. Currently I am trying to render a scene with about 600 proxy trees using vrayscatter and it crashes. I have 12 GB of ram so it shouldn't be a ram issue. I'll see if this new build helps, but if not do you have any tips on how not to crash? I know it is the proxies because if I turn off the proxy layer then the scene renders fine.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This crashes can be depended on wrong Vray settings. Also if you are using 32 bit system, only 2gig of your memory can be used by Vray.
Karba

Post by Karba »

glorybound wrote:Currently I am trying to render a scene with about 600 proxy trees using vrayscatter and it crashes.
Did you try to use default VRayMaterial for scatter? May be you use standart normal bump texture, or old version of Color Correct or some things.
glorybound

Post by glorybound »

Do you mean for the material on the proxies? They are just vraymaterials. Do you have the DLO for the new install? I donwloaded it, but it doesn't find the max2010 folder on vista 64
Karba

Post by Karba »

You have 2.5.5 already.
Material on scatter.
What textures do you use inside vraymaterial?
glorybound

Post by glorybound »

I have a diffused and an opacity for the leaves and a diffused for the trunk. How do you apply materials to you vrayscatter element? I have been dragging and dropping my material onto the shape that represents the tree. Is this correct?
Karba

Post by Karba »

Just select scatter dummy and apply material.
Do you use color correct for diffuse?
mrakor

Post by mrakor »

glorybound wrote:I have a diffused and an opacity for the leaves and a diffused for the trunk.
I discovered lately, that Vrayscatter can crash max, if you have normalbump in your bump slot in material.
(full description:
2.5.5 demo for sp2 + sp2
More than one vrayscatter on single plane with two different materials. If any of the materials have normalbump -- max crashes.
Same scene, same vrayscatter settings, material without normalbump -- perfectly works.
Sometimes one object with normalbump don't cause crash)

Maybe this is the case?

Sorry for my english. :)
glorybound

Post by glorybound »

I do have several vrayscatters on the same plane so I'll check that out, thanks. I actually removed the vrayscatter.dlo today, because every so many saves MAX would crash and if I pick anything in the scene every so often it would crash too. When I removed the dlo MAX stopped crashing.