Crowds

replaced by MultiScatter
SteveGreen

Crowds

Post by SteveGreen »

Hi,

This is a combination wishlist/workflow post.

Are there any plans to give some more tools for the creation of crowds?

I've been having a play with what's already there and, (network rendering issue notwithstanding), I've go characters milling about using a gradient with noise applied for the rotation map (the original animation they just walk in a straight line.

It looks fine for what it is, but I wonder if there are any plans to make more tools for simple behaviour available?

I'm not expecting something like Massive, certainly not for the price, but it would be good to start a thread on current workflows/limitations and a possible wishlist as to what's achievable within the scope of VRay/MultiScatter.

Thanks,

Steve
admin
Site Admin

Re: Crowds

Post by admin »

We have plan to develop new tool in this year.
It will be based on our CityTraffic engine, but special for people crowd animation.
SteveGreen

Post by SteveGreen »

Cool,

Sounds great, thanks.

Regards,

Steve
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We found bug with network rendering of animated proxy.
Thank you Steve.

You can download updated version here.
Attachments
VRayScatter_1_5_7a.rar
network rendering of animated proxy fixed
(1.86 MiB) Downloaded 492 times
SteveGreen

Post by SteveGreen »

Great, thanks - I wasn't sure if it was something I was doing wrong, being new to the software.

I'll give it a try when I get home from work.

Thanks again,

Steve
SteveGreen

Post by SteveGreen »

Hi,

I've no idea what you've got planned for the plugin, but I guess it boils down to 2 main areas.

The behavior

The appearance

Behavior is pretty complicated, but I guess for appearance, we already have texture randomisation, and multiple objects have been mentioned in the upcoming Multiscatter. It would be great if we could have some way of randomising props and accessories as well, so rather than having a model with a backpack, or a hat or a weapon etc., we could have a library of accessories that could be applied to the model.

I guess they would need to be pre-baked for the animation as existing proxies, but something like that would be great for adding variety to crowds.

Thanks,

Steve
SteveGreen

Post by SteveGreen »

OK, I've hit a snag.

Is there any way to get walking crowds to stick to a surface that isn't flat?

If I have an uneven surface, the initial position is fine, but the proxy will just walk on that plane rather than adhere to the surface.

Is there any way to lock the proxies to the uneven surface so they follow it?

Thanks,

Steve
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Main idea will be the same as in CityTraffic, but behavior and animation different.