Error: Unhandled Exception - Maybe regarding File Linking?

replaced by MultiScatter
THINKTANK7233

Error: Unhandled Exception - Maybe regarding File Linking?

Post by THINKTANK7233 »

Hi Guys, This is the second time it's happened now and I'm not having fun! :-(

Basically I've got a few Scatter's in my Scene, it all renders out fine, NO Problems.... But as soon as I save it and close the computer down, The next time I open it and I try to render, AND....
It crashes. (As soon as it get's to the light cache calculations).

If I isolate the scatters and render it still renders, or if I turn the scatters off the scene still renders, but IF I render with everything in the scene it then crashes... The only way I've found to fix this is to merge everything into a new scene, which is annoying and slow since I have to re-texture everything (since I file-link cad files)...

***EDIT*** - It actually seems when I RELOAD my file-link from the CAD file it crashes when I render, and when I un-attach the file it renders fine. So is there a compatibility problem going on????
Need help ASAP PLEASE!

Adam
Karba

Re: Error: Unhandled Exception - Maybe regarding File Linking?

Post by Karba »

Don't use LC with scatter. It takes too much memory. Use BF for the secondary.
THINKTANK7233

Re: Error: Unhandled Exception - Maybe regarding File Linking?

Post by THINKTANK7233 »

My point is I've spent the half hour to set up a new scene re-materialised the adt model and it's all rendering fine (and quick, memory isn't a problem in this workstation). - I want to know how to prevent it from happening again.

Are you saying it's actually the LC causing the crash? If so why isn't it now crashing... (I'll have ago with the old file for rest purposes)....Nope doesn't work, removed the secondary bounce completly, and still crashed.