Problems with demo version

aylama

Problems with demo version

Post by aylama »

Hello,
We are trying the version demo, and it does not work correctly, but we do not know if it is a limitation of the demo.
We follow the steps of the tutorial, but when we place a car and calculate the animation, the car does not move for the path, moves in circles.
We have tried the version for max 2009 and max 2010 (that is in the forum) and in both it works wrong.
Thank you very much.
paulov

Re: Problems with demo version

Post by paulov »

Hi!
Me tot I'm having problems with the latest version posted in the forum.

I'm runing max 2009 in windows vista sp1.

I first tried with a highway-junction like crorssing, and my bus model did behave weirdly. It started to make something like turns, but in each frame it was orientated to different points. It was like driven by a crazy vector.

Then I tryed with a simpler scene of a lofted highway. And same problems.

At the end I used a circle-spline, lofted it. All planar, and when calculating the animation, the app crashed.
______________________________-

Note: I also found time consuming the car setup, as if you setup the car and it is not in the right direction, whe dummy wheels and chassis point 90ª and I found no way to Undo this operation.

A bit of help would be welcome so that I could test this plugin that in those videos is looking so good.

Bye!
Last edited by paulov on Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paulov

Post by paulov »

hi again

I built a car with a box and fur duplicated cilinders. THe auto riging whent fine. WHen calculating the animaiton the car satarted doing weird trajectories and flying away!!! Now tried with max9. No way I make this work!.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I think you are trying to use full version without license. It is not working. Only DEMO version working without license.
Also DEMO version works correctly only if your system units are centimeters.
Full version works with any system units.
paulov

Post by paulov »

ooops That must have been my mistake.

I downloaded it from the forum! Will need to download it form the web!

Thanks for the answer, I had already unistalled the plugin. But will give it a try again.

Bye!
paulov

Post by paulov »

Hi!.

Well, finally, I mad it work! It was the issue of the demo the admin mentioned.

Whell. WHile testing it I've taken several notes to build a review-opinion like post.

It is about which point I found to be unconfortable or wich features I think should be added. I belive I'll post in a few days.

Bye!