Camera Clipping not working at all! I need it in mental ray!

juang3d

Camera Clipping not working at all! I need it in mental ray!

Post by juang3d »

I have a big scene, with lot's of proxys, i have 7 multiscatter objects, each one with one proxy, and in render i have a BIG number of copies.

At first i though that something wasn't working in network rendering, but right now i've detected the problem in local rendering.

When i try to launch a render of a sequence, let's say a final gather calculation only, the proxys are not updating, so at some moment i don't see my proxys, they are not in it's place, the space is empty.

So camera clipping is not working at all.

Please, fix this, i bought multiscatter because i need it for a big scene scattering, and now a key feature is not working at all, i beg you to fix this soon, i have a very tight deadline.

To reproduce the problem try scattering something like grass (mr proxy of course) in a surface of 700m by 526m using camera clipping, and now try to calculate a 240 frames final gather rendering every 10 frames, you'll see that in the last frames there are no proxys at all.

Also the camera clipping is creating a lot of proxys behind the camera, useless proxys that charge the ram a lot, so i've created a dummy camera that is in front of my actual camera to use that dummy camera as reference for the camera clipping.

Please help me, this is a really big problem for me.

Cheers.
juang3d

Re: Camera Clipping not working at all! I need it in mental ray!

Post by juang3d »

BTW my max version is 2011 x64, to illustrate the problem here you have two pictures of the FG calculation.

standalone_frame.jpg is rendered as a simple frame, i went to frame 240 and it rendered perfectly.

sequence_frame.jpg is rendered as part of a sequence, to be exact from frame 0 to 240 every 80 frames (just a test to see if the camera clipping was updating the proxys), as you can see the proxys are not being updated at all.

Please give me a solution to this, this will kill my project completely.
Attachments
standalone_frame.jpg is rendered as a simple frame, i went to frame 240 and it rendered perfectly.
standalone_frame.jpg (855.64 KiB) Viewed 5716 times
sequence_frame.jpg is rendered as part of a sequence, to be exact from frame 0 to 240 every 80 frames (just a test to see if the camera clipping was updating the proxys), as you can see the proxys are not being updated at all.
sequence_frame.jpg (1 MiB) Viewed 5716 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It is fixed in our last build, but it is not ready for public release. We have add many new features but dont have documentation yet.
We have sent this version to your e-mail.
juang3d

Post by juang3d »

Really really thanks for the very fast support, you saved my day, the camera clipping is working like a charm.

Cheers.