Post by anvar »

* added support for 3ds max 2015
* added support for controlling instances in MultiPainter with MaxScript
* added "Hide When Moving" parameter in Preview rollout

* fixed compatibility issues with V-Ray 2.45/2.50/2.55
* improved performance in viewport
* some installer and activation utility bugs fixed

Download MultiScatter 1.3.2.3

if you update from 1.2.x.x, please note new activation system https://docs.icube3d.com/en:cerber-protection
MultiScatter manual

please note, update does not require new activation, unless it prompts you
themaxxer

Re: MultiScatter 1.3.2.3

Post by themaxxer »

Hi

is it possible to use the new liceningsystem over net on a server?
how does it work? I have not found any information about setup.

best regards
themaxxer
anvar

Post by anvar »

license server is in beta
please email us for more info
KiboOst

Post by KiboOst »

Hi,

First, we have max2014 on win7x64 with multiscatter 1.3.2.3 :
With heavy scenes with lot of objects, layers etc, multiscatters disappear when we zoom in viewports and gizmos are not selectable (user, perspective, etc). I've tried to reproduce this in a simple scene and can't. In heavy scenes with lot of multiscatters, if we hide some layers/groups/objects etc it finally come back shown and selectable. Really annoying.

Second, could we have a new option in the multiscatter to after an object ID to all objects generated ? Quite often, we have the same plant in several multiscatters, and need to duplicate the plant just to change its object IDto get different rgb mattes. Having object ID inside multiscatter would simply rocks !

Regards,
Kib
anvar

Post by anvar »

KiboOst wrote:Hi,

With heavy scenes with lot of objects, layers etc, multiscatters disappear when we zoom in viewports and gizmos are not selectable (user, perspective, etc). I've tried to reproduce this in a simple scene and can't. In heavy scenes with lot of multiscatters, if we hide some layers/groups/objects etc it finally come back shown and selectable. Really annoying.

Second, could we have a new option in the multiscatter to after an object ID to all objects generated ? Quite often, we have the same plant in several multiscatters, and need to duplicate the plant just to change its object IDto get different rgb mattes. Having object ID inside multiscatter would simply rocks !

Regards,
Kib
hello
we cannot reproduce this problem, can you send us the file?

regarding new feature, we will see if its possible to implement
titane358

Post by titane358 »

hello
I use Octane render and I wonder if Object color texture (to texture all the instances) can be compatable with octane.
Thanks
anvar

Post by anvar »

titane358 wrote:hello
I use Octane render and I wonder if Object color texture (to texture all the instances) can be compatable with octane.
Thanks
hello
looks like this is a question to Octane developers
titane358

Post by titane358 »

Hello, when using vertex color map for mask distribution / probability, it used to be "real time".
Now after painting the color map you must re-select multiscatter icon to update multiscatter object.

3dsmax design sp2 - seven 64
anvar

Post by anvar »

titane358 wrote:Hello, when using vertex color map for mask distribution / probability, it used to be "real time".
Now after painting the color map you must re-select multiscatter icon to update multiscatter object.

3dsmax design sp2 - seven 64
we just tested it and cannot reproduce it
can you send us the sample file?
anvar

Post by anvar »

KiboOst wrote:Hi,

Regards,
Kib
please email us regarding your new feature request, we have a new version for you to try