New version: Development release

anvar

Re: New version: Development release

Post by anvar »

xisco wrote:Hi , for me last version .55 / . 56 doesn't work with huge scene and lots of trees , max crash during rendering . I did downgrade to to 1.3.6.11 , and works perfectly

max 2014 64 bits , 64 gb ram
latest is 1.059, please keep an eye on updates as they have bug fixes
xisco

Post by xisco »

thanks anvar ,

I install lattest 0.59 and works ok with new scenes, but when I go back to older scenes done with 1.3.6.11 , max still crashing during render ... any solution for this ?
thanks
anvar

Post by anvar »

xisco wrote:thanks anvar ,

I install lattest 0.59 and works ok with new scenes, but when I go back to older scenes done with 1.3.6.11 , max still crashing during render ... any solution for this ?
thanks
we will need to check this, can you send us the file?
xisco

Post by xisco »

yes , send it , without textures only max ok ?

thanks
anthonyhicks

Post by anthonyhicks »

Hi,
we have a legacy `stadium` scene from turbosquid with animated vrayproxy multiscatter crowd:
https://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/ ... /ID/669113
The crowd/seats etc. are Multiscatter distributed along splines.
In the past the viewport updated almost real time, now it freezes/updates for over a minute every time you move the timeline which is tedious and makes it impossible to do anything in the scene. It`s also slow just selecting a multiscatter object although not as bad as moving the timeline(which i presume is having to update all multiscatters)
Hiding the stadium often speeds the scene back up, although not always (until you unhide it again). All assets are on a network but as I said it used to run fine. I don`t know if this is something in Multiscatter, VrayProxy or maybe 3dsmax 2016.
I *think* i`ve noticed multiscatter slowing down while using splines as distributors/borders etc. rather than surfaces in more recent versions although I couldn`t say when the change happened (or if I might just be imagining it).
I do know that upgrading to 3dsmax 2016 has reduced viewport speed when using multiscatter but i put that down to 3dsmax 2016 viewport being slower in general, at least for my pc.
any ideas ?
thanks
anthony
anthonyhicks

Post by anthonyhicks »

hi,
as an addendum i`ve stripped the scene down to just 1 MS object with 1 proxy and moved the assets to local drive and it`s just as slow.
I`ve also tested merging the proxy back in scene and just using the mesh and the timeline has sped up (although the animation has been removed by merging) so maybe that`s the reason. Selecting the MS object is still very slow though, up to 20 seconds.

Changing the distributor object from a spline to a plane or other object makes everything work normally and selecting MS object quick again so it looks like using splines as distributors is the issue.

thanks
anthony
anvar

Post by anvar »

which version of Multiscatter do you have?
anthonyhicks

Post by anthonyhicks »

hi anvar,
1.060 latest i think. yes 1.06.0.
anvar

Post by anvar »

we just contacted dtp.3d at turbosquid
he suggested to download it again, as he updated this model on 30.05.2017 with some adjustments to work better with the newest MultiScatter version

Regarding freezing viewport. You need to hide "FANS" layer. The problem is that with this layer visible, viewport has to display 45 proxy characters and their animations.
anthonyhicks

Post by anthonyhicks »

hi anvar,

I`ll give downloading that a go.
As for the fans, as i mentioned it never used to be an issue, it just sort of crept in over time.
I`ll try new version first.

thanks
anthony