Frozen Scatter Geometry Visible in Rendering

anthonyhicks

Frozen Scatter Geometry Visible in Rendering

Post by anthonyhicks »

Hi Anvar,

As per title, Multiscatters are still visible in the render when Frozen while normal Frozen scene geometry is not visible when rendered. The scatter objects are in scene but the Multiscatter object is Frozen. I don`t think I`ve come across it before. I`m using the latest version 1.623.

Thanks
Ant
anvar

Re: Frozen Scatter Geometry Visible in Rendering

Post by anvar »

is it similar issue as this? viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1367
anthonyhicks

Post by anthonyhicks »

Hi Anvar,

Not entirely similar, related maybe ?
I don`t use Object Layers in 3dsmax. I have 2 identical Multiscatters (except for a color gradient). I froze one(with `hide frozen objects` on) but it still renders, causing coplanar faces errors etc with the other Multiscatter still in scene. If I freeze any other general geometry(with `hide frozen objects` on) it never renders so that seems to contradict Max`s default behaviour.

thanks
Anthony
anvar

Post by anvar »

can you send us some screenshots and file?
by email
anthonyhicks

Post by anthonyhicks »

Hi anvar,
Will do !

I`ve created a MultiScatter with a plane for the distribution surface and a teapot as Sample.
I duplicated the MultiScatter so I have 2, when they render with both in scene you get coplanar face errors as expected. If I now `Freeze` 1 of the MultiScatter objects with `Hide Frozen Geometry` enabled it still renders with coplanar errors because they are both still visible so if I now hide the other MultiScatter it will still render the Frozen MultiScatter even though it should not because of `Hide Frozen Geometry` should behave as if it is Hidden.
It`s the MultiScatter objects I am Freezing not the Scatter Samples.

I`ve set up a little example scene which shows it which I`ll send to your support@icube3d.com email.

edit: We are using 3dsmax 2021 and using Vray 3.7(still stuck with the old version !)

thanks
Anthony