Move Rollout also affects Pivot Point not just Position ?

anthonyhicks

Move Rollout also affects Pivot Point not just Position ?

Post by anthonyhicks »

Hi Anvar,

I`ve noticed that using the `Move` rollout to add some random offset Position to Scatter Objects *also affects the Pivot Point of the Scatter Objects(Samples) themselves.
The problem with this is that when adding random Rotation the Scatter Objects no longer rotate around their own Pivot Point but around their Pivot *plus* any offset made in the Move rollout which makes it very unpredictable to use. I`m guessing using Move is affecting their Pivot Point rather than their Position ?
The way I`d see this ideally is if the Scatter Samples always retain their own Pivot Point regardless of Move/Rotation so they always rotate around their own Pivot Point.
As always let me know if that makes sense or if I`ve done something wrong !
And if you need a scene let me know.

Cheers
Anthony
anvar

Re: Move Rollout also affects Pivot Point not just Position ?

Post by anvar »

hi Anthony
if you send example file, would be great
thanks
anthonyhicks

Re: Move Rollout also affects Pivot Point not just Position ?

Post by anthonyhicks »

Hi Anvar,

Thanks for getting back to me, I hope you and your team are all doing ok.
I`ve sent a simplified file over that shows it, but basically when using the Move Offset the object samples only Rotate correctly around their Z axis using Constant or Random Rotation. Using XY axes spin them around what looks to be their original axis(a guess) before the Move Offset was made. Z Rotation still works correctly. I would expect all Rotation to use the current Sample axis ?

thanks
Anthony