Camera Clipping Cone Wish

olly

Camera Clipping Cone Wish

Post by olly »

Hi,

Is it possible to add the option to limit the scattered objects to the camera's cone?

Keep the current way but it would be nice to choose between that or using the camera cone.

Thanks,
Olly
48design

Re: Camera Clipping Cone Wish

Post by 48design »

Thumbs up! ;)
cecofuli

Post by cecofuli »

Hi all,

up this features!
It's very, very important for RAM consuming!!! Please Karba! It's very stupid option, but very important!
This month I work in a two projects. Big mountain with grass and trees.
Multiscatter clipping plane works with a "circle" shape, but in this way, we have a lot of trees and grass behind the camera that consuming a lot of RAM!!!
and they are not visible in camera!

I Hope icube3d.com follow the ForestPRO behavior cone clipping plane
peprgb

Post by peprgb »

+1
Really an useful feature lacking in MS
bended

Post by bended »

+1 That would be sweet!
stevesideas

Post by stevesideas »

Wouldn't an easy way be to create a spline in the shape of the cone and then just link it to the camera ? You could extend the shape quite a way into the distance depending on your scene.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

stevesideas wrote:Wouldn't an easy way be to create a spline in the shape of the cone and then just link it to the camera ? You could extend the shape quite a way into the distance depending on your scene.
We think it is good idea. It is much more flexible. Now MultiScatter have many functions and we really afraid to add too many functions.
peprgb

Post by peprgb »

stevesideas wrote:Wouldn't an easy way be to create a spline in the shape of the cone and then just link it to the camera ? You could extend the shape quite a way into the distance depending on your scene.
No, i dont think it would be easier. Maybe it's time for moving to Forest Pro, since they are constantly adding new useful features
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

peprgb wrote:
No, i dont think it would be easier. Maybe it's time for moving to Forest Pro, since they are constantly adding new useful features
Yes, feel free for that. Forest Pro is great product. Itoo constantly copy our useful features