flicker-free animation

48design

flicker-free animation

Post by 48design »

Hi guys,

I know that A LOT of MultiScatter users and people watching your great looking animations have ONE big question:
can you please show us the rendersettings of some of your animations, please?

You often told people not to use LightCache. Okay. But if not: what do you use instead? Your renderings all look so clear!
Is it just render-power? A 300 core renderfarm?

It would be great to get the best out of VRay (and MultiScatter) like you do with your exterior and interior animations...

Best regards
Fabian
48design

Re: flicker-free animation

Post by 48design »

A nice reply to one of your customers would be really appreciated!

I definitely don't know what's going on these days. Until now everyone having a question has been answered to by us (zwischendrin.com). Why the hell is customer satisfaction such a foreign word for lots of companies?! Even a simple "no, we can't tell you" is better than silence! :evil:
raistlin

Post by raistlin »

i don't no if a "use univerasl settings" are better than a silence...

For sure...
In fact i'm not sure that's really an Icube problem, it depend on which renderengine you are using and on the type of animation, wlakthrough? full animation? and many details like AO and other tricks that we are all used in different ways...
But, for sure, if they can help us in it it culd be great...
As i have read a lot here this is that they recommand ton don't use the lightcache for average computer... So... let you try some rneder sequences, with different parameters (samples, GI solution etc) and choose what is your prefered one.

I'm not an animation user for now, but when i've to do i think that i use my own parameter than X parameters...

And the greatest point, i prefer to know Icube working on optimisation, Vraypattern, Vraymultilights and others tools than spend some Vray lesson that we don't need...
Take a tour on my website ;)
https://www.vincent-grieu.com
anvar

Post by anvar »

Hello
there are no answers to this question
we don't know of any particular settings which will apply to every job.
each job is different and every time we try to combine different settings to achieve results which satisfies us in speed of rendering and quality.
the best place to get more ideas is probably the forum at chaosgroup.com

our advice regarding lightcache generally relates to V-Ray but not MultiScatter
using lightcache in exterior animation consumes lots of memory wherever you are using MultiScatter or not, and its just our very general recommendation not to use it
for someone who doesn't understand the technology well and doesn't have lots of memory.

sometimes its possible not to use GI at all, for example our VRayScatter demo video was rendered without GI, it saves lot of resources.
flickering can be caused by different reasons, it can be wrong GI or antialiasing settings.
its not possible to give general advise on settings.
different settings will apply if the scene is static, animated, or only camera is animated or only certain objects are animated, sometimes objects are rendered separately with VraySphere and then merged with other part of scene on compositing stage

the best way is to try to learn V-Ray as much as possible, with this knowledge better understanding of how to use MultiScatter will come
unfortunately we don't have resources and not in position to teach V-Ray and 3ds Max, there are lots of resources available out there
we are a small team and very busy with development and bug fixing,
but we are still happy to give some tips, but only if questions are more specific and preferably related to MultiScatter )
thanks
Anvar
Karba

Post by Karba »

AA fixed rate 8 or more
Light - Dome Light
GI - Brute Force

in general - without any interpolation like Irr Map or LC