MultiScatter 1.1.07 3ds max 2012 support

quakemarine1

Re: MultiScatter 1.1.07 3ds max 2012 support

Post by quakemarine1 »

same happen to SP6 of vray 1.5
raistlin

Post by raistlin »

Oh yeah Karba !!! you make my day !!!!! Many thanks !
Take a tour on my website ;)
https://www.vincent-grieu.com
raistlin

Post by raistlin »

ooops seems to be corrupted... re-up?
Karba

Post by Karba »

VRay 2.00 SP1 and 1.5 SP6 support.
Switch of autoupdate preview to do viewport faster. It seems 3dsmax 2012 update scatter preview all the time.
uploaded again
Attachments
MultiScatter_1_1_07a.rar
(3.6 MiB) Downloaded 1113 times
raistlin

Post by raistlin »

Ok for the trick, is there a hotfix for that or maybe a solution like to disable the autoupdate on startup for exemple?
stevesideas

Post by stevesideas »

I was having a lot of issues with max crashing when using multiscatter on max 2011. I switched to max 2012 and hey presto things seemed to have been resolved. Then suddenly max started to crash again. I hadn't changed anything. Every time I clicked on render and the render process went through the updating multiscatter (before render), max would crash. I changed the memory management (in vray) from dynamic to auto and it stopped the crashes. I could work with the same file all day and it wouldn't crash. I come back the next day and it starts crashing again. I change the memory management (in vray) from auto to static and again, the crashes stop. Is there an explanation for this ?? Is this just coincidence or is there a problem with the way multiscatter manages its memory in conjunction with vray ?? Is anyone else able to prove this method solves crashes (at least on a temporary basis) ??
absolute3d

Post by absolute3d »

stevesideas wrote:I was having a lot of issues with max crashing when using multiscatter on max 2011. I switched to max 2012 and hey presto things seemed to have been resolved. Then suddenly max started to crash again. I hadn't changed anything. Every time I clicked on render and the render process went through the updating multiscatter (before render), max would crash. I changed the memory management (in vray) from dynamic to auto and it stopped the crashes. I could work with the same file all day and it wouldn't crash. I come back the next day and it starts crashing again. I change the memory management (in vray) from auto to static and again, the crashes stop. Is there an explanation for this ?? Is this just coincidence or is there a problem with the way multiscatter manages its memory in conjunction with vray ?? Is anyone else able to prove this method solves crashes (at least on a temporary basis) ??
stop using nitrous and revert back to direct3d. That solve my troubles with max crash ;)
stevesideas

Post by stevesideas »

I'm not using nitrous. I already have issues with that no matter if I'm using multiscatter or not.