Multiscatter Fixed Positioning

legendofpersia

Multiscatter Fixed Positioning

Post by legendofpersia »

Greetings Multiscatterers!

well first I would like to express my gratitude towards makers of this amazing software, it rocks!

secondly I thought I would come here and post my only problem I had with Multiscatter hoping I would get some help.

There were times I wanted to put one object in a fixed position, for example, a tree in a very fixed position, or even few trees at certain distances i.e one tree per 10 feet in straight line. something like what "spacing tool" command does. I can do it with V-ray Proxy, but who would want to use that when multiscatter renders up to 10 times faster on my two x980 cpus.

they maybe two different things, but I would really appreciate if you help me out with this.

Thanks
-Behnam
raistlin

Re: Multiscatter Fixed Positioning

Post by raistlin »

you can do that with spline and regular pattern no?

There is another possibility, to creat some "positions" object to place accuratly on your surface, like "guides" for your multipainter tool, uncheck the visibilty for that guides and place your trees on the surface with that help, no?
Take a tour on my website ;)
https://www.vincent-grieu.com
legendofpersia

Re: Multiscatter Fixed Positioning

Post by legendofpersia »

well thats what eventually I had to do, except that i didnt find terms "multipainter" and "hide source " as you included in your post, but i guess i got the older version or something.

I set out planes like 70cm x 70cm(smaller objects wouldn't work) in the direction i wanted with regular spaces in between , and applied multiscatter, but result wasn't very accurate, some objects were planned on the corners, some in middle.

and as for splines, i didnt find any specific option with distance control, or im being a noob here or something :p