Any updates ?

christopheC

Any updates ?

Post by christopheC »

Hi all,

I was just wondering if you have plans on updating vraypattern anytime soon ?

Thanks,
anvar

Re: Any updates ?

Post by anvar »

are you waiting for anything in particular?
christopheC

Post by christopheC »

First I really like this plugin and want to see how you guys can make it even better ;)

But just a few ideas :
-Possibility to close the mesh on the edges of the surface area.
-Possibility to preview what the pattern is gonna look like on the surface without having to render a preview and reapplying it to the object.
-Possibility to control the way the pattern is distributed on the surface with a map (I'm really thinking about that to make some grass). Like in multiscatter.
-Possibility to use multiple meshes as a pattern (I know we can now use the random segment count but I don't find it the most handy...)
-Use of proxys ?
anvar

Post by anvar »

thank you for your feedback
Here is some explanation from technical department:

VrayPattern technology is fundamentally different from the technologies that are used in scattering. Scatters are multiplying individual objects, but pattern is actually a 3d procedural texture.
The consequence of this is unique opportunity but lot of restrictions.

The unique features include:
Possibility to literally not limit duplicating of elements.
Automatic deformation of objects in accordance with the shape of the surface
Low memory consumption when rendering.

Restrictions related to the possibility to randomise the elements, possibility to process edges and abilities to limit an area with other tools, except for the physical cut-offs of a surface.
The same goes for the preview in the viewport - unfortunately there are no other possibilities to see anything in the viewport, but to generate and assign appropriate geometry texture;