VrayPattern 1.1.7 First update and sample files

Karba

Re: VrayPattern 1.1.7 First update and sample files

Post by Karba »

What about of using of MultiScatter?
raistlin

Post by raistlin »

Djavadi wrote:Honestly, I would not recommend VP for doing such roof, because of the
huge importance of randomizing, required in texturing, positioning and orientations with your tiles.
this is why i've wrote a lot of message here... in my mind i don't know how it could be a great thing for that application... Thanks to be honest! And yes, the random parameter is really important here...
Karba wrote:What about of using of MultiScatter?
For sure ! I've done a similar exemple of that with multiscatter :) it's great, efficient, light, random! BUT we can't cut any tiles with multiscatter... for borders, windows etc.
For planar or simpe roofing (big roofing) it could be a great thing... but... just in that case...

I'd love to see a vrayroof plugins from your R&D departement :) for sure ! :) Hard work, i know...
Take a tour on my website ;)
https://www.vincent-grieu.com
Djavadi

Post by Djavadi »

Hi,

The solution was to create an enough large mesh with random variation in tiles pose and orientation...
Here, the pattern is covered by more than 600 tiles ( 10.6 x 5.3 m ).
...then random maps applied to the tiles were baked into a single bitmap.
A pattern that large, 1/3 to 2/3 of a roof, shows no repetition in the coverage...

So the big advantage of a such roofing, with VP, is when you have to deal with many houses, or a city.
However, the method application would be as simple, if you have to cover a single house ...

The hole exercise took 2 hours, staring from a single tile...
and only 10 minutes to fix VrayPattern.
I didn't spend much time on UVs, but the tile ends, finely match the roof boarders...
Also, MultiScatter was used to populate my scene place with houses.

Regards,

Djavadi
raistlin

Post by raistlin »

mmmm interesting!
Should be great for environment. But i'm thinking that's not accurate to use it for the subject.
But, really interesting. Many thanks Djavadi... If i could try it from the lastest build i'm pretty sure that i can know how it work... Icub, please, make a demo...
Djavadi

Post by Djavadi »

Actually I'm proposing the demo made in video to a well known 3D web site... But they do ask exclusivity
for publishing, reason why I can't show you more. I'll post here the tutorial references when it's donne, but
if accepted, It will not be published before a month.

By the way, here is a VrayPattern tutorial of mine, published yesterday by Evermotion.
https://www.evermotion.org/tutorials/sho ... n-tutorial

However, regarding your last post, I do not agree with your note about the quality!
The reason why I gave the timing information was to highlight the fact, that quality wasn't the main goal in this "demo", but the feasibility.
My modeled tile was looking awful at the beginning and at the end, but I didn't considered that...

To me VrayPattern is here to bring what is missing in VrayScatter and MultiScatter... and that golf court that i made, reflects this as an example.
A year from now, I tried to do a golf court distributing grass with VrayScatter, but I've been constraint to forget the idea after one day trying.
This time, with VrayPattern, everything rolled perfectly and I started my final render after 3 hours development.

2 references here... the car is on propagated chain ground (27x1000x1000x1000 faces)

The second picture is nothing but VP... rope, shell and micro displaced ground, are all propagated by vray pattern.
this scene is much bigger than the portion in this picture.

Regards,
Djavadi
raistlin

Post by raistlin »

Impressive pistures, the last is really great !! Ok for the quality, but i can't imagine how Vraypattern should "endsup" a cutting roof? it "displaced" geometry but can't feel hole (like a cap hole modifier) them... So if we are cloed to that i'm pretty sure that we can see problems... Ok, there is always a trick, like start the uvw on each border, mask the extremety with plane..; but it could be great to end the slice...

For now, i'm curious to see what you called "micro displace"? just a really little noise or map?

At all, many thanks to share everything with us (and me!) i appreciate everything!

Cheers
Raistlin