Frozen Transforms proxy scale issue

toast

Frozen Transforms proxy scale issue

Post by toast »

Hi there,

Chaos Group ages ago added support to freeze transforms on a proxy object in Maya.

Basically, if you had a proxy and it was say, 10x too large in size, you could scale it to .1 and apply Modify > Freeze Transforms and then Maya would reset the scale to 1. This object would then render correctly and it's scale would read 1.

However it seems that when I put this same proxy through V-Ray Scatter, somewhere along the line some code forgets that it's scale is frozen to and the proxy renders 10x the size it should be if it were just natively rendered by V-Ray.

Is this something that could be looked at if this is at all possible? I tried manually resizing the proxy object to .1 and then re adding it to VRayScatter, but it is still rendering 10x too large. Perhaps as a workaround maybe VRayScatter could read the real world scale of the source object?

Let me know if I'm making sense lol! I'm loving this plugin!
bdancer

Re: Frozen Transforms proxy scale issue

Post by bdancer »

Hi! Could you send me a simple test scene, this will help a lot =)
toast

Re: Frozen Transforms proxy scale issue

Post by toast »

No problem!

Attached is the scene. As you can obviously see, the "cyan" proxy cube is the one with the issue.

When you render you can see that V-Ray renders the cube correctly but VRayScatter misses the transformGeometry node.

This problem only affects the Proxy though as you can safely scale up the purple cube and freeze transforms and VRayScatter correctly renders it :)

I'm using [2013/Apr/16|19:43:54] V-Ray: V-Ray for Maya version 2.25.01, revision 22828 from Mar 23 2013, 02:14:57 and Maya 2013x64
Attachments
Archive.zip
(9.2 KiB) Downloaded 370 times