Wishlist

toast

Wishlist

Post by toast »

Hi there,

I have a quick wishlist I'd like to post, if thats okay.

1) I'd love to have the "Distribution Preview" attribute changed to a "Percentage Preview".
This means instead of typing in "1000" objects for the scatter preview, it might be better typing in a percentage amount.
Because currently the preview amount can go higher than the actual amount of scattered objects and it doesn't scale when
you change the amount of scattered objects. So its like you always have to enter in two different values, but that's just me!

2) How to do multiple curves like in 3DS Max where you attach splines?
Is it technically possible to add a group of curves and VRayScatter can detect that group as one curve as a workaround?

3) Pattern1 etc.. do you think it could please be renamed Square, Triangle etc like 3DS Max?
(PS I also get a few memory leaks when using pattern, will try and narrow it down).

4) Tiny wishlist item, but is it possible to change the box size of node scatter list so it's moveable?
Maybe also multiple select so I can remove like 20 or 30 instances at once for instance. Not sure if that's a Maya/qt limitation though.

5) Is the VRayScatter Texture Wrapper different to the 3DS Max multiscatter texture?

6) Lastly, when selecting something fom the list via the "scatter objects" list, I'd love the original object in the scene to be also highlighted.
It would make it so much easier to identify objects with a big list. Like how VRayPattern works I guess

Heres a picture to illustrate:

Cheers,

Thanks!
bdancer

Re: Wishlist

Post by bdancer »

4. Don't get it =)
5. Texture wrapper allows to use any texture as a control texture.
toast

Re: Wishlist

Post by toast »

Nevermind, the more I think about it, the more I think it won't work anyway - I don't think its a good idea anymore. Please disregard number 4! :)