VRayscatter future

replaced by MultiScatter
jacksc02

VRayscatter future

Post by jacksc02 »

I would like to know what is happening with VRayscatter and the new Multiscatter.
Is multiscatter just for metal ray?
Will VRayscatter be able to load different proxies in to one vrayscatter helper? or is that going to be "multiscatter"?
It would be nice to have something from the developers as to where these plugins are going

Regards
Chris Jackson
Molasses

Re: VRayscatter future

Post by Molasses »

Very good question. I would realy also like to know :

01. The big difference between Multiscatter and Vray/Mental scatter
02. The future of Vrayscatter
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

VrayScatter will be supported in the future. Bugfixes, versions for future versions of max and vray will be available for all current users for free.
But MultiScatter comes to our main product. All new features will be available in Multiscatter. Multiscatter have all features of VrayScatter plus more.
oligophant

Post by oligophant »

it would be really nice, that if i already have a scatter licence, and want to migrate to multiscatter you guys offerers two licences, its very annoying just one tied up to one pc, i mean, i have one at work, but i also do tests at home on my laptop, maybe a portable licence should be great.
trick

Post by trick »

oligophant wrote:it would be really nice, that if i already have a scatter licence, and want to migrate to multiscatter you guys offerers two licences, its very annoying just one tied up to one pc, i mean, i have one at work, but i also do tests at home on my laptop, maybe a portable licence should be great.
I completely agree !! I bought 2 VRS licenses just so I am able to use it on my PC at work and the one at home, while I am a oneman company. VRS is the ONLY product where I ever needed to do this. Now I have to pay for 2 Multiscatter updates again just for this ability !!! So MultiScatter better be 100x faster then Forest Pro ;)