Demo question

replaced by MultiScatter
jan__

Demo question

Post by jan__ »

Hi all

What are the limitations of the demo version? Only looking for differences expected in full version

Thanks in advance
Alejandro Suárez
www.motivacg.com
Duche

Re: Demo question

Post by Duche »

Demo can't save and open files with VrayScatter, scattering engine has some small differents and not supported animation of parameters.
jan__

Post by jan__ »

Thanks for your fast response.
Alejandro Suárez
www.motivacg.com
simmsimaging

Post by simmsimaging »

I'm trying to test out the demo but not having much luck. I can assign a proxy and a distribution object but when I try to render it crashes everytime, and crashes max. I'm using 2008 64 bit, and Vray SP3 beta (I saw that you support SP3, but maybe that's the problem?)

Also, if I change the count the preview doesn't change accordingly. For example it defaults to 1000 but if I have only 50 proxies then maybe the preview should be adjusted automatically to be no more than the actual count? It is a pain to have to adjust both everytime when you are not using more than 1000 proxies.

Thanks
b
Brett Simms Imaging
www.simmsimaging.com
simmsimaging

Post by simmsimaging »

Just a quick note about that crash: I tried the demo on another machine running a slightly older build od SP3 and it worked okay. I think the SP3 build from yesterday may be causing a crash with VrayScatter.

b

EDIT: Using a build from Dec 30 there is no crash, but the last week or so of builds for sure crash when trying to render with the demo.
Brett Simms Imaging
www.simmsimaging.com
Duche

Post by Duche »

simmsimaging wrote: I'm trying to test out the demo but not having much luck. I can assign a proxy and a distribution object but when I try to render it crashes everytime, and crashes max. I'm using 2008 64 bit, and Vray SP3 beta (I saw that you support SP3, but maybe that's the problem?)
Yes we know that VrayScatter now not working with last SP3 builds. We will fix it soon. Not so easy to test and make updates for daily builds of Vray
simmsimaging wrote: Also, if I change the count the preview doesn't change accordingly. For example it defaults to 1000 but if I have only 50 proxies then maybe the preview should be adjusted automatically to be no more than the actual count? It is a pain to have to adjust both everytime when you are not using more than 1000 proxies.

Thanks
Dont use VrayScater for only 50 proxies - its designed for millions :D
In full version (with opened animation of parameters functionality) you can try to connect "count" and "preview count" by "wire parameters"