How to keyframe motion?

idav

How to keyframe motion?

Post by idav »

Madcar needs to have a way to keyframe motion.

The follow object is somewhat helpful, but doesn't always produce the desired behaviors. I would like to have the ability to keyframe steering input, acceleration and braking. You should be able to adjust 0 to 100% for Steer Left, Steer Right, Acceleration and Braking, and keyframe these values over time. That would provide far better control than using mouse or keyboard input or the follow object.
m3fs

Re: How to keyframe motion?

Post by m3fs »

great idea!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We have plans to implement this in next version.
m3fs

Post by m3fs »

Hello! Has this been implemented yet? It would be highly desirable feature for me.

Thanks, this plugin is/continues to be amazingly great!
elpin

Post by elpin »

I would also be very interested in having this option...
m3fs

Post by m3fs »

I am still very interested in this. What will it take to get it implemented? :)
anvar

Post by anvar »

its not implemented yet
but I think we are using Animated Align script for that https://www.jimjagger.com/Pages/Tools/JJ ... te2010.htm
elpin

Post by elpin »

Hi Anvar, thanks for the link but I believe this topic is about something else. It's about using a completely different input method where you specify at what time you press the gas pedal, when you start to turn the steering wheel and so on. None of the current input methods is really providing the precision that is sometimes needed.
anvar

Post by anvar »

Its difficult to achive 100% accuracy in simulations, regardless of how many controls you have
the best way to get good results is to run your simulation part by part, constantly rolling back to the point it started to go wrong

importand to understand in order to achive best result simulation needs to be done peace by peace
elpin

Post by elpin »

Yes of course, but you can't make part by part simulation if you don't have a cut in your movie.

As for the accuracy - have you seen those car stunts made by drivers with a patch on their eyes so they don't see? They drive in a way that they count time and know exactly when to start turning, when to stop turning, when to slam the gas and so on. If we would have the same control in MadCar I think it would be the best control ever.

Problem with joystick is that you can never make the same simulation twice and we're not professional drivers who know how to handle a car. And path follow would be perfect but for example a slow steady speed following a target results in a very jerky movement where the car accelerates and brakes 10 times a second.

MadCar is really great simulation plugin and I love how the car behaves. But the controls could be improved :|