Multiscatter with V-ray DR bug (Solved)

funkybeat

Multiscatter with V-ray DR bug (Solved)

Post by funkybeat »

Hello,
For some time I'm struggling with quite annoying problem with scenes that contain Multiscatter.
Namely, every time I finish rendering scene (with Multiscatter) with V-ray using DR I have to restart MAX on every node, if not - they do not connect to next scene :(
In V-ray log I can see warning massage that says my nodes are refusing connection.
It's extremely painful when I need to render few renderings during the night, because it means I need to get up at night, connect with every NODE and restart in manually.

To be clear - scenes without multiscatter (with VrayScatter or any plug in I have here) renders without any hassle, doesn't matter how many of them I have in queue in Backburner to be rendered.

please help!
Karba

Re: Multiscatter with V-ray DR bug

Post by Karba »

funkybeat wrote:Hello,
For some time I'm struggling with quite annoying problem with scenes that contain Multiscatter.
Namely, every time I finish rendering scene (with Multiscatter) with V-ray using DR I have to restart MAX on every node, if not - they do not connect to next scene :(
In V-ray log I can see warning massage that says my nodes are refusing connection.
It's extremely painful when I need to render few renderings during the night, because it means I need to get up at night, connect with every NODE and restart in manually.

To be clear - scenes without multiscatter (with VrayScatter or any plug in I have here) renders without any hassle, doesn't matter how many of them I have in queue in Backburner to be rendered.

please help!
What version of 3dsmax do you use?
Do you use VRay DR or Autodesc Backburner?
funkybeat

Post by funkybeat »

Hello,
Thank You for Your reply ! I use 3ds Max 2012, V-ray 2.20.03 and Multiscatter 1.1.0.9 on every node. We have 5 computers in our renderfarm - 3 of them has installed Windows 7 64bit; two of them with Windows Xp 64 with latests service packs.
When we queue renders we use Backburner with scenes prepared to be be rendered with Distributer Rendering, but it doest matter if it goes via Backburner or not, the situation is always the same - if we render one scene with DR, in next scene nodes don't connect and they have to be manually restarted.
If scene is free of MultiScatter - problem disappears.
Please help ...
Karba

Post by Karba »

Thank You for Your reply ! I use 3ds Max 2012, V-ray 2.20.03 and Multiscatter 1.1.0.9 on every node. We have 5 computers in our renderfarm - 3 of them has installed Windows 7 64bit; two of them with Windows Xp 64 with latests service packs.
When we queue renders we use Backburner with scenes prepared to be be rendered with Distributer Rendering, but it doest matter if it goes via Backburner or not, the situation is always the same - if we render one scene with DR, in next scene nodes don't connect and they have to be manually restarted.
If scene is free of MultiScatter - problem disappears.
Please help ...
What version of MS do you use exactly? 1.1.09(a,b,c,d)?
funkybeat

Post by funkybeat »

Hello,

I.m using "Multiscatter 1.1.0.9"
anvar

Post by anvar »

I.m using "Multiscatter 1.1.0.9"
there is no such version
please send us screenshot of About panel in MultiScater
funkybeat

Post by funkybeat »

Here You are ! :)
anvar

Post by anvar »

forgot it existed
anyway, its almost 1 year out of date
please install latest 1.1.09d
funkybeat

Post by funkybeat »

Hello,

I have installed the newest Muliscatter, 3ds Max 2013(all updates) and v-ray 2.30.01 and and unfortunately the situation is still the same. For more information here's a quote from v-ray log:

warning: Render host i7 (192.168.1.52) is not responding
warning: Server 192.168.1.52 is currently busy.
anvar

Post by anvar »

could you post a screenshot of about panel, just to make sure update was successful

thanks
Anvar