MultiScatter 1.3.5.6

MarcinK

Re: MultiScatter 1.3.5.6

Post by MarcinK »

Hi, I have 40 machines on my renderfarm, with 3dsmax 2016 and vray 3.2

I use MS 1.3.5.6 and have seriuos BUG. Some frames are rendered without multscatter objects. This is total lottery - totally random. The same machine can render frame correctly (with multiscatter) but next time it renders without it.
Please help - I am in ugly situation
anvar

Post by anvar »

MarcinK wrote:Hi, I have 40 machines on my renderfarm, with 3dsmax 2016 and vray 3.2

I use MS 1.3.5.6 and have seriuos BUG. Some frames are rendered without multscatter objects. This is total lottery - totally random. The same machine can render frame correctly (with multiscatter) but next time it renders without it.
Please help - I am in ugly situation
this looks like a network problem
check your objects or proxies paths, make sure there is enough network resources

you can also send us the file to have a look
MarcinK

Post by MarcinK »

I do not think this is the cause.
Previously I was using 3dsMAX 2015 + vray3.2 and multiscatter 1.3.2.3 and it worked perfectly
It was also working fine with 3dsMAX 2015 +vray 2.5 and multiscatter 1.3.2.3
I did not changed any network, storage or hardware elements since then.
This is also scene independent - na matter what scene, what are the settings etc, etc...
anvar

Post by anvar »

MarcinK wrote:I do not think this is the cause.
Previously I was using 3dsMAX 2015 + vray3.2 and multiscatter 1.3.2.3 and it worked perfectly
It was also working fine with 3dsMAX 2015 +vray 2.5 and multiscatter 1.3.2.3
I did not changed any network, storage or hardware elements since then.
This is also scene independent - na matter what scene, what are the settings etc, etc...
we've seen the exactly same problem when we identified it was due to a slow network storage
if a rendernode could not wait any longer for a resource over network it will render the frame without it

rendernodes will need to get resources for next frame again

so the more machine in the farm then more likely for network become saturated and/or storage not able to serve required resources in time
this is also depends on the amount of resources used in each frame

to confirm the network problem try placing proxies on local drives with local paths, and see if this helps
MarcinK

Post by MarcinK »

Thank you for answer!

This could be true if the scattered objects are in proxies, but mine exist in the scene as full mesh. So if scene is loaded (we know it is) then object are loaded too.
There is also no other elements missed.
I have tested it with all objects in scene. But I will do more reasearch at monday. I wonder why I have never any problem with older multiscatter.
anvar

Post by anvar »

MarcinK wrote:Thank you for answer!

This could be true if the scattered objects are in proxies, but mine exist in the scene as full mesh. So if scene is loaded (we know it is) then object are loaded too.
There is also no other elements missed.
I have tested it with all objects in scene. But I will do more reasearch at monday. I wonder why I have never any problem with older multiscatter.
you can also send us your file to have a look
we have a farm with 250 nodes, with no problems so far
here is the latest build, just in case https://files.icube3d.com//multiscatter ... .3.6.1.exe
MarcinK

Post by MarcinK »

Thank you very much Anvar! I will test this build and give the info on forum.
PS: I wander how did you solved your storage transfer bottle neck with 250 rendernodes :)
bpositive

Post by bpositive »

Hi

I have a lot of problems using the probability setting in this version.
The setting works in mysterious ways, sometimes when I change only a few plants, the rest is also changed.

Also it works almost opposite, in the attached picture, you can see that the pink grass is set to 100 and the rest to 5. - But there are almost none of the pink...!
Attachments
Probability_Settings_Error.jpg
Probability_Settings_Error.jpg (265.55 KiB) Viewed 139058 times
abushinov

Post by abushinov »

Hi, bpositive. Can you attach this file?
or send it by email to support@icube3d.com
GeoffKornfeld

Post by GeoffKornfeld »

Is it just me or is Multiscatter running super slow with the new VRay 3.3 service pack?