New version: Development release

anvar

Re: New version: Development release

Post by anvar »

evelina89 wrote:
anvar wrote:
evelina89 wrote:Hi,

I have the newest version of multiscatter.
I have Xeon E-5 2696 v4 ( 22 cores/44threads) and in my last project I saw that my CPU isn't on 100% it's on 20 or 50% by a whole render. Is it possible that the problem is with multiscatter? Multiscatter is the only one plugin which I use in this project so that's why I ask.

I will be thankful for any help.
may be you are running out of memory?
Maby it's a problem, because now render stoped on "building embree static accelerator" :(
When I removed Multiscatter form this project everything is ok.
I have 32GB of RAM
that's sound like not enough ram, basically speaking you only have 720mb per thread
you may need to optimise your scene, and revise V-Ray settings, MultiScatter creates lots of geometry for V-Ray to hadle
also here is latest development build you can try https://files.icube3d.com/multiscatter_ ... 19.exe.zip
if its still causing problems you can send us the scene
anvar

Post by anvar »

here is dev version with 2018 support https://files.icube3d.com/multiscatter_ ... 29.exe.zip
evelina89

Post by evelina89 »

anvar wrote:that's sound like not enough ram, basically speaking you only have 720mb per thread
you may need to optimise your scene, and revise V-Ray settings, MultiScatter creates lots of geometry for V-Ray to hadle
also here is latest development build you can try https://files.icube3d.com/multiscatter_ ... 19.exe.zip
Thanks I changed in Vray System dynamic limit memory from "Auto" to Static"
But I have in License Manager "Invalid licence", but in 3ds max multiscatter works, Should I worry about it?
anvar

Post by anvar »

evelina89 wrote:
anvar wrote:that's sound like not enough ram, basically speaking you only have 720mb per thread
Thanks I changed in Vray System dynamic limit memory from "Auto" to Static"
But I have in License Manager "Invalid licence", but in 3ds max multiscatter works, Should I worry about it?
as long as its working in 3ds max you can ignore errors in license manager
anthonyhicks

Post by anthonyhicks »

hi,
i installed the latest 1.059 (3.4/5 for 2016) and now it says error 0x0001 `license is not found`. i can no longer access multiscatter in modifier menu. i tried to run license manager and if i query it says `free: 1 of 1; expire on...(229 days left) but it no longer works in 3dsmax 2016 ??
thanks

edit, if i go back to 1.3.6.11 it works again.
anvar

Post by anvar »

anthonyhicks wrote:hi,
i installed the latest 1.059 (3.4/5 for 2016) and now it says error 0x0001 `license is not found`. i can no longer access multiscatter in modifier menu. i tried to run license manager and if i query it says `free: 1 of 1; expire on...(229 days left) but it no longer works in 3dsmax 2016 ??
thanks

edit, if i go back to 1.3.6.11 it works again.
We will need to send you another lic file, please send us new Cid file
anthonyhicks

Post by anthonyhicks »

Hi,
will 1.3.6.11 still work with the new license should i come across any errors and need to downgrade ?
thanks
anvar

Post by anvar »

anthonyhicks wrote:Hi,
will 1.3.6.11 still work with the new license should i come across any errors and need to downgrade ?
thanks
if it wont, you can always revert to previous lic file, they are stored in C:\Program Files\R&D Group\Cerber\localLicenses
anthonyhicks

Post by anthonyhicks »

Great, I`ll see about upgrading our licenses.
thanks
xisco

Post by xisco »

Hi , for me last version .55 / . 56 doesn't work with huge scene and lots of trees , max crash during rendering . I did downgrade to to 1.3.6.11 , and works perfectly

max 2014 64 bits , 64 gb ram