Some questions

duke

Some questions

Post by duke »

MultiScatter will be VRay compatible, so is there any reason why you'd continue VRayScatter development? It's like MultiScatter is "VRayScatter 3", or like Softimage|XSI was to Softimage.

Anyway, how do I get on the testing team? :D
Molasses

Re: Some questions

Post by Molasses »

As a legit customer of Vrayscatter I must say am pretty pissed that we have to pay for Multiscatter, which is essentialy a feature update of Vrayscatter.

It's like paying for winrar 3.7, then again for 3.8, then again for 3.9.
duke

Post by duke »

It's a reasonably upgrade and would otherwise justify calling it VRayScatter 3, which would be a paid upgrade. There aren't a lot of products that don't charge for such upgrades, although I'm still waiting to see how much it will be... If we have to pay all over again, i'll give it a miss and stick with Forest Pro.
cecofuli

Post by cecofuli »

Any news about price, upgrade from VRayscatter, changelog etc...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It will be available in this month. Price will be the same as for VrayScatter now. All costumers who purchase VrayScatter in 2010 will get MultiScatter for free. Upgrade for all other VrayScatter costumers will be for half price during limited time. Full new feature list will be soon here.
cecofuli

Post by cecofuli »

Mmm... I buy VRayScatter in november 2009. It's not very good to pay again for an upgrade for only 2-3 month of usage. With a lots of improvement, ok, but I think you must pay more attention on your clients.
For example, free upgrade for VRayscatter users that buy it on august (6-7 month ago) or a second license for free.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

MultiScatter is not really upgrade for VrayScatter. We will support and sell VrayScatter in future. You really don't have to move to MultiScatter if you don't need new features.
MultiScatter based on VrayScatter and contain all VrayScatter features, but it was written from scratch. It is possible to use VrayScatter and Multiscatter together.
tryharder

Post by tryharder »

with this policy you are goin to loose the customers you have and you will win no new ... just my five cents.

No customer support no customer.

I am a Beta Tester for MultiScatter but there is no communication, no news no nothing ... you should not tread your customers / Betatester like that :evil:
Molasses

Post by Molasses »

I am a legit customer and am not gonna buy multiscatter. I bought vrayscatter only a few months ago and now I'll have to pay half of the price for Multiscatter.

Disgusting, realy.
Karba

Post by Karba »

Molasses wrote:I am a legit customer and am not gonna buy multiscatter. I bought vrayscatter only a few months ago and now I'll have to pay half of the price for Multiscatter.

Disgusting, realy.
You don't need to pay for MultiScatter if you don't want to use it.